Rules and Expectations
9 Week Grading System
1. Follow Directions
2. Be Respectful (to your classmates and teacher)
3. Keep Hands and Feet to Yourself
4. Take Care of our Music Instruments
2. Use Your Best Singing Voices
3. Be Kind and Courteous
4. Learn By Doing
There will be two grades given in music: Academic and Conduct
Academic: Based on the skills learned in class according to the National Standards of Music and TEKs.
Conduct: Based on the participation and behavior of the student.
E = excellent
S = satisfactory
N = needs improvement
U = unacceptable behavior
I will be using a marks system if your student recieves more than 2 marks there grade will be lowered for that 2 week grading period. Each mark is worth 5pts off their grade. Marks are given based on these guidlines.
3. He/She is not keeping feet or hands to self
4. Disrespect to teacher or classmates
I will send home a note notifying parents of a grade change. It will need to be signed and sent back the following school day to the students classroom teacher.
I will be using E-mail and Remind as my main sources of communication. Here are the Remind links below.