Mission and Goals
The mission of a school counselor is to implement and contribute to an effective comprehensive school counseling program that inspires students to become lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens.
I believe all children can learn and, as a school counselor, I must work as a leader, advocate, collaborator, and consultant to help all students achieve their goals for academic success, personal/social development, and college/career readiness.
- To help students understand themselves
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary
- To coordinate the efforts of others with those of parents, teachers, and other staff members
- To help develop personalized programs based on each child’s strengths, weaknesses, and needs
- To help students learn to become aware of the consequences of their behavior
- To encourage students to become successful and self-aware learners