7th Grade Math Rules and ProceduresMRS. LEGANHLEGAN@SPRINGTOWNISD.NETCONFERENCE: 4TH PERIOD 10:49-11:27
To review, practice, and attempt to master the concepts of 7th grade math.
- 3 ring binder
- 5 dividers
- notebook paper
- pencil or pen
*Please have all supplies at school by Monday, August 27, 2018.
- Prompt and Prepared
- Accept Responsibility
- Work Hard
- Show Respect
- Enter the classroom with binder, pencil, notebook paper, and library book every day, unless otherwise instructed. You WILL NOT enter the room without your supplies.
- READ THE BACK BOARD as soon as you walk in to the classroom. Make sure that you pick up any and all supplies that you will need for the day. Sharpen your pencil, if necessary, BEFORE THE BELL.
- Begin working on the warm-up. If you are not in your desk, working on the warm-up when the bell rings, you may be held after class. You will have about 3 minutes to complete the warm-up. Warm-ups are NOT optional. I will take up the warm-up each week for a daily grade.
- After going over the warm-up, we will take a daily quiz then begin a new lesson. If you finish your lesson during the class period, you WILL read. If you do not bring your library book, I will provide you with a book of my choice.
- At the end of the period, I will let you know when it is time to pack up. So, DO NOT start packing up (closing notebooks, putting supplies away) until then. If you decide to pack up early, I will keep you after the bell.
- When the bell rings, I will dismiss you from class. All borrowed supplies will be returned, and everyone will be seated and quiet before being dismissed for the day.
- Daily work and daily quizzes will account for 50% of each student’s grade.
- Tests will account for the other 50%.
- Students will receive a progress report EVERY WEEK.
- Students will also receive a calendar each month and an assignment sheet each grading period. Calendars and assignment sheets will be updated every Monday, to let students know what to expect for the week and to help them keep track of their progress in class.
- Calendars will be taken up at the end of each month for a daily grade.
EXTRA HELP!!!: I am available for extra help on most days. I am at school by 7:30 am (most of the time!) Students may check in with Ms. Camacho in the front office, and let her know that they need help from me. DO NOT wait until your class period if you do not understand the previous day’s lesson. Students must make the time and effort, if extra help is needed!! I’m also available after school—just stop by my room. This is YOUR responsibility. Each student will be given a textbook to take home with them for extra help as well. These do not need to come back to the school. They are to be used as a reference, if/when they are needed.
Each student will receive 8 hall passes total (to be used in any class), each six-week period. They can use them to go to the restroom, their lockers, etc, after the day’s lesson has been presented. After they have used their passes, they will not be allowed to leave the classroom for any reason, other than an emergency.
- If corrections are needed, students are allowed 1 week to correct an assignment, after the assignment has been entered into Skyward. Corrected papers will have a maximum score of 70.
- We will also have ZAP days, occasionally, to make up any missing assignments (zeros). Assignments with an original score of ZERO may be turned in on these days for a maximum score of 50.
- I also drop each student’s 2-3 lowest daily grades at the end of each grading period.
- There will be rewards for following the classroom rules and being an active and involved part of class each day. This could include verbal praise, positive emails or phone calls to parents.
- If problems arise in the classroom, I will meet privately with students (in the hallway or after class), contact parents, assign sentences and use the office when necessary to attempt to correct the problem. Students should be in control of themselves at all times, and will be held responsible for their actions.
If you are absent, it is YOUR (the student’s) responsibility to get your make-up work, and turn in any homework that was due the day that you were absent. Make-up assignments may be picked up from me. I normally have make-up work ready for absent students at the beginning of the class period. HOWEVER, if I forget, it is the student’s responsibility to ask for the assignment.
The easiest way to contact me is by email. If parents email me and don’t hear back from me within the day, or by early the next morning, this means that I have not received your email, or it has been sent to my spam mailbox. Please call me, if this happens, and I’ll make sure that the problem is handled. If parents do not have email, I can also make phone calls on my conference period or after school.
Thank you for your help in making this a great year!