Hannah AdamsHigh School BiologyEMAIL
When sending an e-mail to me the first time, it will go to a Spam folder. I check this daily. Please put something in the subject heading that will get my attention, such as your child’s name. Once I send you a return e-mail, your messages will come directly into my school mailbox.
Please use the district website to monitor school events and activities. Also, each teacher has a web page that will assist you. With the web page; view lesson plans, notes, schedules, a school calendar and links to various other websites and resources. Grading Procedures1) Daily Work accounts for 50% of your grade. Daily work consists of:
A) Warm Ups - I will have a warm-up activity on the board every day when you come to class. Begin working on this as soon as the tardy bell rings. These will be turned in every Friday.
B) Lab Work - Includes pre-labs, lab participation, data obtained, and/ or lab write ups.
C) Quizzes will be given periodically. Often, they will be unannounced. They will cover material from an independent reading assignment or material that has been discussed in class.
D) Other assignments to help master content, worksheets, reviews, etc. 2) Tests account for 50% of your grade.
Generally, there will be 3 tests per six weeks. Questions may come from previous quizzes, lab activities, lectures, notes, daily assignments and/ or reading assignments. 3) Semester Exam
A) Semester exams will count as 20% of the semester grade.
B) Students have the opportunity to be exempt from their second semester exam based on their average, absences and discipline throughout the year. Classroom Expectations / Students are expected to:
Ø Respect yourself and others
Ø Be prepared for class
Ø Be responsible for your actions
- Make sure you staple an ABSENT COUPON to your make-up work so it isn't counted late!
*Late Work Policy*
- Work is considered late if not turned in at the beginning of the period on the due date.
- If you are turning in an assignment late, you MUST have a late work coupon attached and it MUST be completely filled out before I will grade your work. If your coupon isn't completely filled out, I will pass you work back and this will cost you an extra day.
- There will be a 25 point deduction for each day your work is late.
- There will be no make-up/redos on late work (it really should have been a zero...)