Our Library's Mission Statement
Reno Elementary School Library is a place where creativity and discovery are sparked and nurtured by providing unrestricted access to information and encouraging curiosity. The library provides hands-on opportunities to create, explore, ask questions, find answers, and understand, while protecting users’ rights to privacy and intellectual freedom.
- To inspire our students to become life-long inquirers, pursuers, and stewards of knowledge.
- To build and maintain a collection which is diverse, unbiased, and representative of all learning styles, perspectives, and interests.
- To provide learning experiences which encourage students, teachers, and community members become proficient users of 21st century information and technology, including meaningful endeavors into Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
- To support teachers and curriculum by providing necessary materials and appropriate guidance and instruction to students in all content areas.
- To provide unrestricted access to information, intellectual material, and resources.